Job Title: Projects Manager/ Aqaba Centre
Contract Type: Limited Contract – project based
Start of Assignment: immediately
BACKGROUND INFORMATION – JOB SPECIFIC
JOHUD is seeking to hire a projects manager. The Projects Manager will be responsible for coordinating and supervising the implementation of all project activities including budget management, projects plan, and implementation of projects requirements and managing team members, ensuring timely and quality implementation and monitoring of the project activities.
- Provide overall management for the diverse services and projects running at JOHUD’s Aqaba centre.
- Ensure effective coordination with the different partners and donors through effective communication pathways with a vision to maintain quality services at the centre.
- Provide programmatic management of all human, physical and financial resources related to the centre.
- Provide overall efficient budget design, managing and monitoring for whole intervention at the centre.
- Prepare daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly reports on Projects activities internally and to donors.
- Monitor performance of the team to ensure all milestones set in the annual work plan are met, develop mitigation plans to reduce risks and take corrective actions to remedy any deviation from the work plans
- Consolidate and edit the different donors’ technical and financial regular reports
- Follow-up on the quality of data collection in conjunction with the output level indicators for the different interventions at the centre
- Lead the timely and quality implementation of all projects in line with JOHUD’s internal standards and donors’ requirements.
- Represent JOHUD in internal and external meetings and workshops when delegated.
- Collaborate with the Financial and Logistics department to identify needs and ensure effective and timely project deliverables
- Provide timely feedback on the ongoing activities and propose amendments as needed and way forward/mitigation measures to challenges faced.
- Contribute to proposal development in close coordination with project management team as well as engaging in resource mobilization efforts to support joint programming.
- Actively develop and maintain effective working relationships with key stakeholders, including donors (if required), government actors, UN agencies, international and local NGOs, and other relevant actors.
- Analyse the trends behind the output and outcome indicators and ability to provide clear technical language with the M&E focal points in JOHUD and partners’ sides
- Connect implementation with the relevant context in Aqaba in term of scaling up viable opportunities, this will require the candidate to be able to breakdown complex strategic visions of relevant stakeholders into action plans, on the other hand also capitalize implementation level narrative into strategic conversations to be represented with strategic stakeholders
- Make feasible decision about budget design in which sustainability aspects are taken into consideration
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, economic, social studies, project management or any relevant field.
- Project Management Professional (PMP)/ Project Management for Development (PMD) certification preferred
- 5+ years of experience working in a managerial position with relevant work experience, within INGOs and UN in development context.
- Demonstrated ability to transfer knowledge to diverse audiences through training, mentoring, and other formal and non-formal capacity building methods.
- Strong familiarity with project management software tools, methodologies, and best practices
- Experience in identifying and securing funding and business expansion opportunities
- Familiarity with and a supportive attitude towards processes of strengthening local organizations and building local capacities for self-management.
- Willingness to undertake regular field visits and interact with different stakeholders, especially primary stakeholders
- Excellent leadership and analytical skills
- Excellent command of Microsoft office.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Self-motivated, results-driven and excellent sense of organization.
- Ability to respond effectively to deadlines and high-pressure situations.
- Ability to use initiative and work with limited supervision
- High level of cultural adaptability and sensitivity.
- JOHUD workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in JOHUD’s policies and regulations, Standards for Professional Conduct. JOHUD operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
- Fluency in English and Arabic required