Job title: On-Site International Logistics Specialist
Company: BDP International
Job description: Job Title
On-Site International Logistics Specialist
U.S. – 2350 Three Mile Road NW – Grand Rapids, MI 49544 US (Primary)
About BDP International:
BDP International is a privately held, family-owned non-asset based global logistics provider with annual sales exceeding $2.8 billion USD. Founded in 1966 by Richard Bolte Sr. and based in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, BDP has grown to be one of the largest logistics providers in the world. BDP employs more than 4,900 people worldwide, and operates freight logistics centers in 270 cities across the world through a global network of wholly owned offices, joint ventures and affiliates in 135 countries.
The company serves more than 4,000 customers worldwide. Clients include Bayer, Dow, DuPont, Heineken USA, Honeywell, Johnson & Johnson, Revlon, Trek Bicycle, Wacker, and others.
Provides assistance classifying products for a major retail importer. Candidate will also provide analysis, definition and recommendations to support Import Services improvements, efficiencies and business development. Provides analysis for projects, ad hoc studies, pricing and costing decisions, productivity assessment, process improvement, transition management and corporation training.
- Perform business and process analysis using the data and information provided by internal systems and outside sources. Analysis offered includes more than just the numbers. It contains observations and ideas.
- Participate on process improvement teams to determine ways to improve business processes. Ideally taking a lead role for some projects at the appropriate time.
- Provide ad hoc analytical services to assist in problem solving and in times of crisis.
- Produce reports and graphics for internal and external customers.
- Offer ideas with substance that add create value and anticipate questions and concerns.
- Build effective relationships and credibility with external customers and within BDP operations and other company functional groups
- Introduce new ways of thinking.
- Ensure that all decision making for carrier selection and other related activities take into account the utmost safety in respect to the quality of the Environment, and health of employees and contractors in which BDP interacts with on a daily basis.
- Performs other job-related duties and functions as required.
- That all decision making for carrier selection and other related activities take into account the utmost safety in respect to the quality of the Environment , and health of employees and contractors in which BDP interacts with on a daily basis.
- Maintain Rate Database and Legal Documents for the account
- Lead implementation and assist in follow-up with each new site/BU onboarded
- Liase between customer and BDP team
- Work with Client to ensure import/export regulatory compliance
- Candidate must have their Customs House Broker (CHB) certification.
- The ideal candidate must have at least three (3) to four (4) years of operational experience.
- Understanding of supply chain and logistics is needed
- A college degree is preferred but not required.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment.
- Good communication and organization skills and a strong attention to detail are required.
- The ability to work on a team and leadership experience is strongly desired.
- Candidate should have the ability to learn various computer programs.
Please note: There is no relocation or immigration assistance associated with this opening.
Compensation based on experience. We offer a very competitive salary, full benefits, matching 401(k), tuition reimbursement, and casual dress environment.
Please visit our website:
*** This is a great opportunity to advance your career! Come join our growing BDP team!***
BDP International – The Employer of Choice
Follow BDP International Career Pages!
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Job date: Sat, 21 Aug 2021 04:37:34 GMT
Apply for the job now! [ad_1]