Job title: Market Sales Manager, San Francisco – Kimball International Workplace, Remote, CA
Company: Kimball International
Job description: Requisition Number
Built by family and rooted in heart, Kimball International cultivates care and connection with our employees, customers, shareholders and our communities.
As a leading omnichannel commercial furnishings company, we leverage our market-centric expertise and a unique portfolio of brands to deliver customized solutions and personalized service. Our commitment to craftsmanship and insights-driven innovations enable us to be invaluable partners in creating inspirational workplace, health, learning, and home-office spaces. We help our customers shape ordinary spaces into vibrant places that spark collaboration, relaxation, wellness and discovery. Our impact goes beyond what we make to what our products and our relationships do for the world.
We embrace diversity, celebrate personality, and empower employees so that we can all succeed together. We invite you to join us.
The Market Sales Manager has responsibility for a specific geographic territory, focused on Distribution Partners, A&D firms, and end users resulting in the achievement of profitable quota attainment. This position reports to the Regional Sales Director.
- Manage the territory through developing, implementing and managing business strategies that align with the company’s sales programs and strategies.
- Develop, manage and review territory business plans that will result in the meeting and exceeding of the territory sales quota.
- Effectively develop, manage and evaluate territory distribution grid on an on-going basis.
- Develop and communicate plans to support company target markets (including vertical markets).
- Understand day-to-day business as well as project business while developing strategies to grow.
- Build and maintain relationships with appropriate customers including distribution partners, A&D community as well as end users to support the territory sales goals.
- Gain proficient knowledge and use of all business support materials (i.e. all available reports surrounding dealers, dealer sales reps, products, vertical markets, etc) as well as other technical support products critical to tracking and forecasting sales and developing sales tactics and strategies to address opportunities.
- Learn and apply knowledge of company products and marketing programs throughout daily business practice.
- Train and motivate dealer salespeople and management.
- Learn and apply sales negotiation and business planning knowledge throughout daily operations to support a business consulting role to customers within the marketplace.
- Exercise initiative and creativity in the selling and marketing of Workplace ancillary products and programs.
- Work to promote a cohesive relationship with team members and internal support staff.
- Proven history or ability to demonstrate safe / responsible behavior, and a positive performance record (including attendance)
- Maintain SalesForce (CRM) for accurate forecasting
Skills to Perform This Role:
- Support team interaction
- Energetic, self-starter
- Strive for personal excellence with individual contribution to team results
- Passionate, dedicated, reliable, insightful & genuine
- People person, upbeat & positive outlook
- Demonstrate strong and consistent communication skills with Workplace team, customers, distribution partners and A&D firms
- Strong presentation, written and verbal communication skills
- Effective listening skills
- Effectively handle conflict and support companywide programs and policies.
- Strong leadership skills
- Strong relationship building, interpersonal skills & management skills
- Demonstrate expertise in strategic and tactical opportunity planning and execution
- Effective project management skills
- Proven track record in developing and executing product sales
- Detail-oriented and ability to multi-task
- Time Management
- Strong negotiation skills
- Utilize product knowledge and persuasive selling skills to drive product sales.
- Effective and appropriate use of technology tools, including Microsoft applications and Salesforce.
- Undergraduate degree preferred
- 5 plus year experience in related field; industry experience preferred
Kimball International is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status.
Kimball International, Inc. will not sponsor applicants for this position for employment/work visa status (e.g.. H-1B)
Location: San Francisco, CA
Job date: Sun, 22 Aug 2021 00:01:24 GMT