Company: Winrock International
Job description: Position Title: Program Officer, Child Labor and Education
Location: Remote, USA
Department: Human Rights Education and Empowerment (HREE)
Reports To: Associate Director of Child Labor and Education
The Program Officer will provide technical and managerial direction and support for implementation of projects within Winrock’s HREE portfolio, especially for projects related to child labor, education, and youth livelihoods. The Program Officer will assume major roles in new business pursuits including serving as Proposal Lead, Lead Writer, Technical Lead, or Cost Lead, and contribute to decisions about new business pursuits for the group.
The Program Officer will work closely with field-based staff, assuming responsibility for home office project management with support from a Senior Program Associate/Program Associate. The Program Officer will participate in strategic development of the HREE portfolio, particularly expansion of distance learning approaches and use of technology in education, direction, including technical thought leadership and dissemination of lessons learned and best practices on distance learning approaches and use of education technology, as well as effective project management practices and procedures.
This position will manage a new private sector technology education initiative in Ethiopia along with contributing to the expansion of the education portfolio through new business proposal development.
- Provide home office management and administrative oversight of international projects, including contracts, cooperative agreements and grants
- Work with designated staff to provide training on specific topics for onboarding and orientation
- Serve as a coach and mentor to incoming Program Officers and other home office staff, sharing lessons learned and best practices related to effective project management
- Supervise Senior Program Associate/Program Associate as requested
- Ensure staff and consultants comply with Winrock policies and donor regulations
- Provide final review of subawards and procurement documents, and provide feedback to Senior Program Associate/Program Associate prior to circulation for approval
- Manage international partner relationships
- Develop and maintain close communications with host country organizations, field personnel, and subawardees to strengthen strategic partnership networks and monitor program implementation, outcomes and compliance with donor regulations
- Prepare and oversee the preparation of project deliverables, including writing and technical reviews
- Oversee and contribute to project Pause/Reflect sessions to capture project successes and challenges and build on lessons learned
- Conduct final review and approval of monthly Field Office Vouchers and Wire Requests and provide feedback to Senior Program Associate/Program Associate and field staff
- Serve as Budget manager for projects to ensure effective financial management including tracking of budgets, obligations, and subawards, and flag issues for field as needed
- Travel to the field to conduct training, oversight, monitoring, and relationship building
- Participate in HREE New Business meetings and contribute to decisions about new business pursuits
- Lead or serve in key roles for New Business capture teams
- Serve in major roles on New Business proposals, such as Proposal Lead, Lead Writer, Technical Lead, or Cost Lead working with multi-disciplinary teams from the programs, new business, and cost and pricing units
- Represent Winrock at external events, nationally and internationally
- Represent PO perspective at HREE team meetings, as well as HREE more broadly on Winrock wide initiatives, as requested
QUALIFICATIONS AND BACKGROUND:
Education: Bachelor’s degree in education, international development, or related field. Master’s degree preferred.
Experience: Minimum five years’ experience in international development, especially in home office management, financial oversight, and compliance for US government-funded projects; demonstrated success in supporting new business efforts related to cost or technical volumes, especially with USAID, private sector, and US Department of Labor; experience with distance learning approaches and use of technology in education programs; experience training field staff and coaching and mentoring junior staff; field experience preferred; demonstrated experience with education, child labor, youth programming or gender preferred.
- Effective use of Microsoft Office and other technologies essential to doing business
- Adept at project planning, budgeting, management, and financial analysis
- Demonstrated skills in project management to achieve targets within scope, budget, and on time; certification in PMD Pro a plus
- Excellent written and oral communication skills for project management, donor and partner relations, and new business development
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple tasks, and work under pressure while ensuring quality
- Demonstrated strong analytical capability and problem-solving abilities required
- Ability to collaborate effectively with colleagues
- Fluent English is required and preferably professional competency in at least one of the following languages: French, Portuguese or Spanish
- Willingness to travel internationally
- Team player
Winrock offers competitive pay and an excellent .
Winrock is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and value diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law.
Location: Arlington County, VA
Job date: Sat, 03 Jul 2021 01:50:19 GMT
Apply for the job now!