Company: RTI International
Job description: Job Summary: Responsible for the daily operations of international and domestic shipping to support RTI’s global projects and staff.
- Responsible for the processing and arranging of domestic and international (import/export) shipments for RTI International.
- Responsible for creating and reviewing commercial invoices and packing lists for accuracy and compliance. Verify that schedule B and harmonized tariff numbers are correct and match product description. Verify country of origin, price per unit and all other pertinent data.
- Responsible for creating export transactions in Export On Demand system, along with import and domestic shipments using the DSTR (Daily Shipping and Tracking Report).
- Pack, count and reconcile inventory for products and equipment ready for export
- Responsible for contacting RTI’s suppliers to verify order status and arrange for drop-shipments
- Coordinate and work with the International Compliance department in securing authorization for all international shipments.
- Contact RTI International approved suppliers and forwarders to request shipping quotes and arrange shipments as needed.
- Provide necessary documentation to forwarders for shipment processing
- Resolve CBP (US Customs), US Dept. of Commerce and other Federal agencies questions and concerns regarding RTI’s international shipments.
- Provide complete documentation package to shipper and consignee. The package of documents will include the commercial invoice, packing list, airway bill and other documents as required.
- Track and trace all international shipments and provide updates to shippers and consignees as requested.
- File all completed shipments per departments’ procedures.
- Maintain and update the DSTR (Daily Shipping Tracking Report) for all RTI International domestic and import shipments.
- Process, pack and prepare Dangerous Goods and HazMat domestic and international shipments.
- Other tasks assigned by management
- High school diploma and three (3) years of professional experience in logistics
Skills and Abilities:
- Must have previous shipping & receiving and logistics experience
- Must have international compliance, import/export customs experience and international trade familiarity
- Must have good working knowledge of financial operating systems and basic understanding of accounting principles and practices.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license to operate company vehicles
- Must have good working knowledge of SOP’s and how they apply to the company as a whole.
- Must be able to complete hazmat awareness class and receive certification
- Must be able to complete DOT CFR 49 and IATA classes and receive certification
- Must be able to complete Division 6.2 (Infectious Substances) class and receive certification
- Must be able to communicate with varying levels of employees at RTI
- Must have working knowledge of Word and Excel software programs
- Must be willing to travel as needed
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. alone or with assistance.
Location: Durham, NC
Job date: Fri, 09 Jul 2021 22:14:41 GMT
Apply for the job now!